Healthy Snacks



I usually try to be on a health kick, but sometimes it is hard with working full-time, blogging and everyday life. This is why I have to plan ahead in order to have healthy snacks and not be reaching for the easy convenient ones that have less nutrients and more calories. Below I am sharing some of my favorite and easy healthy snacks that you can take with you on the go.
One of my favorite snack on the go is trail mix, but I like to make my own. That way I know what and how much I am putting in my body. In my trail mix I like to add nuts. I am a fan of all kinds but almonds are usually some of the healthiest. I throw in some dried fruit. My new favorite thing to add is goji berries. Did you know goji berries is a super fruit and that they are a good source of vitamin C, A, and iron? I finish it off with a little bit of chocolate. Everything taste better with chocolate right?

Trail Mix Recipe

1 1/2 cups of nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
1/2 cup of dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
1/2 cup of goji berries 
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips 

Another healthy snack is green juice. I make this the night before and put it in a sealed container to drink periodically through out the next day. Fresh green juice will usually last up to 2 days at most. This is the simplest was to get in your fruits and vegetables. On the go I typically pour some in a mason jar and use a stainless steel straw. I really like theses straws because they are ego-friendly, reusable, and very durable. They make your drinks seem cold even if they are not. My favorite ones are these Alistart straws because they come in a pack of 6 with 2 cleaning brushes. If you know anything about stainless steel straws they are hard to clean, so the brushes make a big difference. They are also affordable and will not break the bank. Check out my green juice recipe below.

Green Juice Recipe ( 1 serving) 

1 cup of Spinach or Kale 
1 small Apple  
1 medium sized carrot 
1 lemon slice 
Ginger (as much as you like I usually don't measure this)

What are you favorite quick snacks on the go? I am always look to add more to my list. Shop some of my favorite accessories to make snacking easier on the go.

Stainless Steel Straws c/o Alistart


No comments :

Post a Comment